Hayes Park, Middlesex. Owned by the Blencowe family from 1829 to 1858. Now demolished.
'North of Uxbridge Road a mansion belonging to Robert Willis Blencowe was substantially rebuilt about 1820 as a two-story dwelling with a central, porticoed doorway. After Blencowe had purchased the manor of Hayes in 1829 this house, Hayes Park, seems to have descended with the capital manor. From about 1850, however, the house was used as a private mental home. It served this purpose until the break-up of the manorial estate after the death of Charles, Lord Hillingdon, in 1898 when the house and 60 a. were sold for use as a nursing home. The remaining 100 a. of the estate were sold separately to Dalton's Dairies Ltd. In 1959 H. J. Heinz Ltd. purchased Hayes Park and the two parcels of land, amounting in all to 160 a., for use as a research centre and offices. Three years later the house was demolished and new offices built on the site.' VCH, Vol. IV, p. 26-29.
Map of Hayes End showing site of Hayes Park, now the headquarters of
Heinz Europe, Hayes Park Hayes, Middlesex UB4 8AL.
Back to 'The Descent of Hughes'